Author Topic: Markus Rothkranz, "Free Food and Medicine Worldwide Edible Plants Guide"  (Read 2558 times)

bigfoot

I bought this book not to long ago. It was so good, I actually gave my first copy to my dad (it was a little bit bent), and I bought an extra two copies for myself. Fantastic pictures are the key feature of this book, and its also a good reference guide to specific health conditions.

1000+ plants covering most common edible wild plants and herbs, edible common garden plants, common plants found in the desert, grasses, rainforest and tropical plants, poisonous plants, medicinal plants.

2500 detailed bright full color images.

Sections of this book include daisy like plants, dandelion like plants, umbrella flowers (parsley, carrot, poison hemlock, joe pye weed, valerian etc...), edible flowers (periwinkle, violets, dames rocket, chrysanthemums, lavender, etc), herbs (including aster, lemon verbena, mint, bermagot, basil, etc...), berries(blackberry, currants, gooseberry, autumn olive, grape, etc...), trees (apple, service berry, cherry, almond, etc...), poisonous plants (about 250 poisonous plants listed and their corresponding photographs),

Preview of Markus Rothkranz's book:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcmTK-g8EHc
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 05:23:55 PM by bigfoot »

Green Deane

• Administrator
    • Eat The Weeds, and Other Things, Too
Nice marketing. Kinda looks like the Readers' Digest version. What's the selling price?

bigfoot

Currently he sells it for $29. 97

5piceHunter

I might be interested...thanks for posting bigfoot!  :D
Beware of the Thread Monster

bigfoot

Nice marketing. Kinda looks like the Readers' Digest version. What's the selling price?

Which one are you refering to? I didn't waste my money did I? Is this a better book?

I might be interested...thanks for posting bigfoot!  :D

You're Welcome :)

5piceHunter

I think what Deane is trying to say is that this forum and connected website is the non-readers digest 'full' version of the story on wild edibles  ;).

Green Deane

• Administrator
The layout looked Readers' Digestesque to me. I was not making an editorial comment per se. It should sell well.

Janos

Looks interesting. A 'cliff notes' version may be good for initial identification of a plant. Then, for further research, one just comes to a site like Eat the Weeds.  ;D

bigfoot

What is also noted in the book is your eattheweeds.com website,  Mr. Green Deane.

Markus has a list of references for further information if a person was to continue further into edible wild plants.

Green Deane

• Administrator
What is also noted in the book is your eattheweeds.com website,  Mr. Green Deane.

Markus has a list of references for further information if a person was to continue further into edible wild plants.

Thanks for letting me know. I suspected so when he mentioned Begonias.

5piceHunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDDfJC5n-D0 wild plant cafe in Colorado  ;)

Mozartghost17912

• World's Leading Expert in the Field of Mad Science
Bigfoot I think I saw your rewiew on Amazon  ;D 'bigfoot12' was one of the reviewers!... Hopefully I can get my hands on one before they sell out!
Looks real cool, and though American and specifically NC plants are my biggest useability-wise interest right now, it would be nice to know some of the basics in other countries too.
"What about their legs? They don't need those!" -Lord of the Rings, forgot which episode...

bigfoot

Lol yup that was me :)

First and only review on Amazon.

Mozartghost17912

• World's Leading Expert in the Field of Mad Science
You're trackable man! If I could find you by matching usernames, who knows who else can!  :o ;D
"What about their legs? They don't need those!" -Lord of the Rings, forgot which episode...

Janos

I watched a few of his other videos, and a few in German. The dude seems cool. But very 'on'. He kind of reminds me of the Tony Robbins of the foraging world. Not that it's a good or bad thing, it's just what it brought to my mind. Motivational speaker + plants = Markus Rothkranz.