Author Topic: Mick Dodge  (Read 2989 times)

aktrekker

Re: Mick Dodge
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 12:30:18 AM »
Or as someone here once put it to me, to endeavor to provide "More illumination, less flame".
So are you trying to be florescent or LED? 8)

I think the issue is that he's being touted as some sort of visionary and idolized. How do you get that from a reality TV show? It reminds me of the Bear Grylls/Les Stroud/Ray Mears debates.
And as Cody Lundin said in a Q&A session, "It's just a TV show".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVwv5rZSMSw
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:54:17 AM by aktrekker »

froglevel

• Farmer
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 12:40:16 AM »
No illumination from this tread, as usual, just a joke!  :)

upnorth

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 05:16:48 AM »
If such shows get people interested in the outdoors, nature, and foraging, that sounds like a win to me.

Very few are going to take any TV show at total face value.

I don't even take Ray Mears' videos at 100% face value, but there's still some very good stuff there.

I've noticed a lot of harshness and negativity from folks lately on here.

Didn't you people get the memo? That's my official job. You all suck at it. So cut it out.  ;D

Or as someone here once put it to me, to endeavor to provide "More illumination, less flame".
[/quote

Agree. 
I've yet to get the impression that ANYone here doesn't have healthy skeptisism.  No one seems to be gullible.  Everyone seems to know how to do some research.  We all seem to have the desire to stand on our own 2 feet.
It's hard sometimes (at least for me) to tell by the writings if someone is joking.  Emoticons help a bit.
Sarcasm is even trickier. 

I never go on forums.  Until this one.  Full of advice, tips, stories, adventures, knowledge, sharing of info.  The list goes on.   And the fact that moderators and even other posters will quickly nip a volatile post in the bud is unheard of.  Everyone here seems to have a real life.  Not just some 30 year old, living with his mom (no offence, I know times are hard), at his computer all day with a bag of chips and a pop, spewing  useless opinions/comments just to get his jollies. 

Keep up the good work.
I'm even surprised that as a Canadian, no one seems to care where I'm from.  Which is good.
Sometimes when I'm out and about, and get asked where I'm from, I like to answer "Earth".

Green Deane

• Administrator
    • Eat The Weeds, and Other Things, Too
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2014, 07:19:49 AM »

More wag, less bite.

Dew

• Global Moderator
  • Balance Idealism and Realism & make Progress
    • Home building site
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 02:30:38 PM »
I'll go barefooted the day I have to... And I hope I never have to. :)
Do you civic duty - "Think for yourself today". #Advocating Individualism

Janos

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2014, 02:34:54 PM »

So are you trying to be florescent or LED? 8)

Incandescent.  ;D

Usually I'm the guy who smashes the light bulbs... just because. But I've promised to play nice here.  ;)

Swampy

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2014, 11:11:33 PM »
                         :) I like to take the good things out of all the different shows. Les, Dave, Cody, Mick, any show that I can watch and pick up tid bits to feel better prepared. I just find them helpful. Opinion's are kinda like @$$#&/*$  everybodys got one. The way some of the adult children act and respond on this forum is very enlightening to me!. I do not want to emulate that and I don't have to. Nice to have a Choice! LOL!  The one's on this forum You Know Exactly Who you are. You are living in the past over whatever. some one said or responded to you and you are not over it. I try my best to live in the moment. If your stuck in the past or what you project to be the future. You are  %$#@! all over today. Its like %$#@! into a fan your the only on that feels it. I have no control over what other people do, say or how they act. Some people when there going through tragic things act in ways that maybe on becoming and out of order of there true character. I try to practice compassion towards those that falter. I have compassion for myself and that in itself helps me have compassion for others. I don't need to convince any one of anything.  Actions speak louder than words.  :o
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:20:51 PM by Green Deane »
In Wildness is the preservation of the world. Stay Wild. Mick Dodge Rules

Swampy

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2014, 01:41:06 PM »
If such shows get people interested in the outdoors, nature, and foraging, that sounds like a win to me.

Very few are going to take any TV show at total face value.

I don't even take Ray Mears' videos at 100% face value, but there's still some very good stuff there.

I've noticed a lot of harshness and negativity from folks lately on here.

Didn't you people get the memo? That's my official job. You all suck at it. So cut it out.  ;D

[/quote

Agree. 
I've yet to get the impression that ANYone here doesn't have healthy skeptisism.  No one seems to be gullible.  Everyone seems to know how to do some research.  We all seem to have the desire to stand on our own 2 feet.
It's hard sometimes (at least for me) to tell by the writings if someone is joking.  Emoticons help a bit.
Sarcasm is even trickier. 

I never go on forums.  Until this one.  Full of advice, tips, stories, adventures, knowledge, sharing of info.  The list goes on.   And the fact that moderators and even other posters will quickly nip a volatile post in the bud is unheard of.  Everyone here seems to have a real life.  Not just some 30 year old, living with his mom (no offence, I know times are hard), at his computer all day with a bag of chips and a pop, spewing  useless opinions/comments just to get his jollies. 

Keep up the good work.
I'm even surprised that as a Canadian, no one seems to care where I'm from.  Which is good.
Sometimes when I'm out and about, and get asked where I'm from, I like to answer "Earth".
                                          Hey, I am from Earth to!  Right On
In Wildness is the preservation of the world. Stay Wild. Mick Dodge Rules