Author Topic: Berry Eagle Cam  (Read 770 times)

SlowRide13

• HoofRehab.com
Berry Eagle Cam
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:21:11 AM »
I thought some of you might find this interesting. NW Georgia, Berry College, a nesting pair of bald eagles with a 24/7 camera feed in their nest. http://georgiawildlife.com/BerryEagleCam

My wife is Facebook friends with the project--they send news and clips of cool stuff that happens. The most recent was of them sharing a fish and her laying an egg. This will be fun to watch as the chicks grow. I love these critters. Their population is on a dramatic rise around here.
"No longer lend you strength to that which you wish to be free from."   J. Kilcher

SlowRide13

• HoofRehab.com
Re: Berry Eagle Cam
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 11:32:51 AM »
Well, now the site is melting down because of overload. You can usually see into the nest any time of the day or night. They said they were having bandwidth trouble since she started laying eggs. They are working to fix it.

This one seems to be working better--it doesn't open in Google Chrome http://georgiawildlife.com/BerryEagleCam
"No longer lend you strength to that which you wish to be free from."   J. Kilcher

myakka

• Woodsman
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 11:55:08 AM »
Thanks SR!     I had a link for a zoo in Sidney AU for a while, and when I was working in the office I left it on the small mammal cam.  Lemurs and stuff I think.   It was pretty entertaining.  Sort of like a fish tank but with more action.
Skills Beats Stuff

heather

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 12:10:44 PM »
It wont load for me.  I'll wait until things are quieter.   A friend in Utah used to have an elk cam up.  I enjoyed that one as well.
A woman can get more done with a lipstick than a man can with a Winchester and a side of bacon.

Green Deane

• Administrator
    • Eat The Weeds, and Other Things, Too
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 12:13:49 PM »
I used to watch this. I think it updates every minute.

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

SlowRide13

• HoofRehab.com
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
It wont load for me.  I'll wait until things are quieter. 

Did you try the second link I posted? It comes straight from Berry College and seems to work better.

heather

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »
2nd link=much better.   We've had a pair of red tail hawks nesting out in the timber for the last few years.   It's darn near impossible to get good pictures from from the ground and I I don't want to disturb them much.
A woman can get more done with a lipstick than a man can with a Winchester and a side of bacon.

aktrekker

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 02:07:48 PM »
While eagles are technically edible, I thought they were protected.

Janos

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 04:54:26 PM »
While eagles are technically edible, I thought they were protected.

That's because they're probably delicious. Raptor Roast!  ;D